Imprimis had partnered with a heavy equipment manufacturer located in Grapevine, TX to find their next Material Planner position. Come join in on the excitement as the company grows and be a part of an awesome team.
- Exercising discretion and independent judgement, analyze product demand trends to determine the best possible forecast model that matches the demand of a product.
- Provide annual and monthly forecasts to vendors.
- Generate and analyze ERP reports to target areas requiring more focus, such as past due purchase orders, or Wholegoods with insufficient inventory. Identify and report purchasing related errors.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Materials Requisition Program (MRP) system as it relates to inventories, production planning, and order fulfillment.
- Create monthly and emergency purchase orders while maintaining the appropriate level of Wholegoods inventory at the Distribution Centers.
- Manage Purchase Order reconciliation process to include past due orders and order discrepancies.
- Coordinate with engineering for new product introductions and end of life product phase outs.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field or 3 to 5 years Material Planning, Business Analyst, Purchasing or related experience.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Good understanding of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) and other purchasing concepts. SAP MM experience required.
- Experience with BW reporting and Winshuttle highly desired.
- Skilled in vendor selection and contractor negotiations including pricing negotiations and vendor performance management.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, budget information, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to create and manage required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with cross-functional teams either as a stakeholder/contributor or team leader.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of inventory control.
- Knowledge of central warehousing and distribution operations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.